Monday, February 15, 2010

Getting lost is one of my biggest fears. I got my car shipped to me yesterday from home. Originally my older sister Danielle had it in Wisconsin, where she goes to school, but since she is a junior she went abroad this semester to Tel Aviv. My mom and dad both agreed to send me the car because it would have no use at home.
My friends went to mardi gras this weekend, they drove up on thursday the entire 12 hours! Of course they had the craziest weekend and didn't worry about a thing. After an hour of driving around right when they got there, they finally found a parking spot and didn't come back to the car once all weekend. When it was time to go home they get to the car and there is a huge orange slip on the windshield explaining that the car has been involved in an accident. Someone hit the back tire and the car wouldn't drive. It was a pretty horrible way to end such an amazing weekend so I told them that I would pick them up from the airport when they got back so they wouldn't have to take the shuttle.
On the way to the airport, I missed a turn. It might not sound scary to you, but when getting lost is one of your biggest fears and you miss a turn in Indiana a state that your completely not familiar with, it can be a little bit scary. Thank god I was with my friend samantha even though she happened to be no help to me at all. We had the airport plugged into my navigation but at a certain point on the way to the airport the roads are not marked on the navigation because the airport is new. We were lost for about 15 minutes driving aimlessly looking for a sign or a highway we might recognize and be able to turn around.
We decided to get off at the next exit and as soon as we did, signs for the airport were straight ahead. Getting lost is one of the worst feeling in the world, but getting lost and then finding your way is one of the best!

6 comments:

  1. I'm ashamed to say that I've lived in Indiana ALL MY LIFE and have made the wrong turn when heading to the airport myself. (My friend and I almost missed our flight to DC, where my college roommate was getting married.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad. I was born and raised here and I get turned around all the time! At least you weren't alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I even get lost in my hometown sometimes. One-Way streets are the worst! Haha. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate how the new airport isn't mapped correctly on GPSs (is that right, GPSs? anywho, the plural of GPS). I went there last year to see a friend off to Brazil and ended up taking the whole 465 circle to get back home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed but when you get to the old airport it has signs all the way to the new one. helpful hint if you find yourself at an abandoned airport in indy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love happy ending in real life

    ReplyDelete